Technological supplement and alternative
The group of H&F Amid pectins complement the range of Classic pectins technologically and expand the application area of pectins.
H&F Amid pectins are produced by suspending the dried pectin in alcohol and treating it with ammonia. This process modifies a defined number of methyl ester groups into amide groups (amidation).
The special properties of the H&F Amid pectins result in different gel textures, offer technological benefits in certain areas and make additional functionalities utilisable.
- Continuous gels
- Pseudoplastic textures with yield point
- Thermoreversible gels
- Industrial fruit preparations (e.g. for dairy products and bakery products)
- Texture and syneresis reduction in dairy products
- Fruit spreads, jams, marmalades and jellies
- Household gelling agents
- Confectionery gum and jelly products
- Acidified milk products (e.g. yoghurt) and vegan alternatives
- Fruit sauces and toppings
- Delicatessen products
Advice on pectins and their applications
Do you have any questions or would you like to make use of our personal consulting service?
We would be happy to give you advice and inform you in detail – just send us a message!